| || |
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sunny California
Using JL_Cmder to restore OS when DTM and JL Cmder won't detect device. -
- Download the latest BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Download and install BackBerry Device software for your BlackBerry. Remember to Remove the Vendor.xml file if you downloaded from a carrier other than yours.
- Download JL CMDR - Unzip > Double click extracted file to install
- Icon will appear on desktop confirming install.
- Close BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Make sure it is not running during next steps.
- In windows click Start > Run > Type CMD
- (or launch Command Prompt from the start menu = Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt)
- Change the directory to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
- To do this simply type:
- cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
- Connect the USB between BlackBerry and your computer.
- In the Command Prompt window and type:
- loader.exe /nojvm
- BlackBerry Desktop Manager's Application Loader Wizard will launch.
- Click Next
- Select USB for method of connection.
- The loader should now connect to your device and you will be able to reinstall the OS. The OS will popup for you to install. Click next right till it starts loading OS. Wait till it says "Finish" to unplug BlackBerry.
Thought it would be useful for our BlackBerry membership who may encounter this sometime in their BlackBerry ownership. Only way this won't happen is if you return within the first 30 days :D